Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Met Ball 2012 (Costume Institute Gala)

Even though the Met Ball took place a few weeks ago, I still can't get over the beauty of it all! So many lovely gowns and frocks, suits and tuxedos...shall I go on?
Here are my favourite looks from the Met red carpet.

Beyonce in Givenchy Haute Couture


She's got the body for it, so why not wear something sheer and clingy, right?

Caroline Trentini in Theyskins' Theory with designer Olivier Theyskins


Baby blue never disappoints on the red carpet.

Chanel Iman in Tom Ford with the designer


There seems to be a reoccurring theme of sheer in the place...

Coco Rocha in vintage Givenchy


Coco matches her look to her hair to create this high voltage look.

Dakota Fanning in Louis Vuitton


She may be young, but she sure knows how to dress for the red carpet!

Diane Kruger in Prada


Something about this gown reminds me of Ursula.

Emma Stone in Lanvin with designer Alber Elbaz


Nothing says glamorous like red and black.

 Jessica Alba in Michael Kors


Bronzed skin and a bronze frock...I never thought the two could work together, but they do!

Kirsten Dunst in Rodarte


 I don't know the last time I saw tailoring on the red carpet, or on a woman on the red carpet for that matter, but I think it works!

Marion Cotillard in Dior


Another spin on the sheer look, this ones got sheer legs and a glitter bodice.

Renee Zellweger in custom Emilio Pucci with designer Peter Dundas


Do I need to comment here?

Scarlett Johansson in Dolce & Gabbana


Well atleast she didn't show up nude, she just showed up in nude.

Sofia Vergara in Marchesa


What made her believe she needed a figure exaggerating dress will forever confuse me....this woman has it all!

Tim Tebow in Ralph Lauren


I just had to throw this one into the mix...doesn't he look suave?


So the underlying theme on the red carpet this year so far is to wear something sheer, something embellished, something floor sweeping, or something pastel. Needless to say, there's something for everyone to choose from. So what look would you choose if you could spend a night on the red carpet?

1 comment:

  1. Those all photos looks fabulous and here are my favorite looks from the met red carpet. In this baby blue never disappoints on the red carpet, just perfect.

    ReplyDelete